Search

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Puteri Gunung Ledang Review




Never thought that I would watch this play for the third time. I've seen the 1st and the 2nd season of this spectacular malaysian made theatre and I dont think it's neccessary for me to see the same thing for the 3rd time.
But, one fine evening , my ex- housemate called me and asked me to accompany her to watch PGL season 3. She's been wanting to watch since 4 years ago but could'nt find the time to do so. So she made the neccessary arrangement and Walla! yes.. I made my 3rd visit to PGL castle.


The magnificient giant flower arrangement of tuberoses aka harum sundal malam , ginger flower and jasmine

As I stepped in Istana Budaya, I was welcomed by such a pleasent , subtle but very soothing scent of flowers. I looked around and saw not one but more than six giant flower arrangment comprised of White tuberoses, jasmine, wild orchid and red ginger flower to compliment the giant vase placed at the foyer to greet the huge crowd. I was totally mesmerized by the Balinese ambience that they tried to create. A part from the sweet white flowers, on the way to the staircase , there were four big urns filled with water, chrysanthemum and floating candles.. and i really felt as if I was in Bali..

the giant urn with red chrysanthemum and floating candles

my special pose with the urn ;)

A very unique yet sexy painting by local artist.. really nice!

Soo tempted to touch the handsome Tuah..
( x dapat touch org touch poster pun jadi la) hehe

Rumour has it this is going to be Tiara's last apperance as Puteri.. err Shall i replace her? ;)

In the theatre..

Though I thought I was going to dooze off while watching it , I really enjoyed watching every second of the play.. the have improved the plot, lightings. and the special effects which have made the theatre an unforgettable one. I am so proud of them. I am so proud of being a part of PGL and see the play grow so flawlessly well now. I am so proud to see a world class play produced by 99% Malaysian ( err i think Stephen is still not Malaysian rite?) I dont regret sparing my time watching it , am still very amazed with their teriffic perfomance. It is such an awesome experience to be part of the crowd and I dont mind coming again for PGL next year!
PGl- more spectacular, more mystical and more breathtaking really live up to the expectation
KUDOS Tiara!







3 comments:

mamasita said...

Why not??
You can play PGL if they make it less serious! The ever cheerful and always smiling very sweet PGL.
Nanti.Wait till I catch hold of the producers! Cant they change the tempo of the storyline..serious sangat laah!
Then we can have pelakun baru kita PInkebaya! Sounds Indonesian kan? hmmm..hehe

pinkebaya said...

Hye datin Mama,
dah g tgk gak PGL ek?
err.. ok please tell they producer if i'll only consider Brad Pitt or Tom cruise as Hang Tuah if they want me to b the PGL hehe..
also i'll only wear rizalman, radzuan , Saiful Bahrim or Jovian Mandagi.. and dont want kemban2 nanti ada yg terpop out lak hihi..
Pink penah jadi Dorothy of Wizard of Oz dulu.. best gak if they stage cite Wizard ni kan? sure happening

Royalshoppingarcade said...

memang best la PGL.it was my first ever not three times like you.hehe..
cantik gmbar2 u ambik at istana budaya.